Now Hiring Experienced Tax Preparers and Accountants $21-$32 hr
MKG TAX CONSULTANTS is seeking customer-focused people to join our team!
Who we need:
- Must be licensed or able to obtain a license in order to be hired.
- MKG Tax Consultants provides training for qualified individuals that meet company standards.
- California law requires anyone who prepares tax returns for a fee within the State of California and is not an exempt preparer to register as a tax preparer with the California Tax Education Council (CTEC). Exempt preparers are California-certified public accountants (CPAs), enrolled agents (EAs), and attorneys who are members of the State Bar of California.
- As of January 1, 2005, the California Franchise Tax Board (FTB) has the authority to identify and penalize unregistered tax preparers.
“Failure to register as a tax preparer with the California Tax Education Council, as required by Section 22253 of the Business and Professions Code , unless it is shown that the failure was due t reasonable cause and not due to willful neglect.
(1) The amount of the penalty under this subdivision for the first failure to register is two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500). This penalty shall be waived if proof of registration is provided to the Franchise Tax Board within 90 days from the date notice of the penalty is mailed to the tax preparer.
(2) The amount of the penalty under this subdivision for a failure to register, other than the first failure to register, is five thousand dollars ($5,000).”
MKG Enterprises Corp. D/B/A MKG Tax Consultants understands that great people are the key to great companies. We are looking for intelligent, hard-working, passionate individuals that want to be part of something very different. We need people that dream big and possess a work ethic that will inspire those around them. We are seeking forward-thinking people, who produce results rather than wait for them. You will not be micromanaged, but you will need to meet specific expectations and it will be entirely up to you to make sure that this happens. You will be backed by one of the strongest, most supportive, and most technical digital marketing organization leadership teams in the industry and we are all committed to the success of the enterprise.
Our seasonal Tax Preparers perform a variety of activities related to income tax preparation, sales and the delivery of excellent customer service. This position has access to and regularly works with information of a sensitive, highly confidential nature; and regularly deals with diverse matters that require a working knowledge of the business.
- Conducts a thorough in-person interview with potential clients, using the company propriety tax software application.
- Delivers exceptional customer service by anticipating customer needs and considering the impact of all decisions/actions on the customer.
- Presents the Company value proposition to clients concerning various company products and services and uses prescribed selling techniques.
- Completes all related tax forms in accordance with policies, and in compliance with legislation and regulations.
- Furnishes taxpayers with sufficient information and advice to ensure correct tax form completion.
- Consults tax law reference materials to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
- Answers questions and provide future tax planning to clients.
- Reviews financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns.
- Researches tax related questions and issues, and responds to clients appropriately and within a timely manner.
- Resolves client complaints, or refers situations to supervisor (as appropriate) for resolution.
- Audits all tax return forms for accuracy and completeness (i.e., client signatures).
- Checks the on hold drawer daily and contacts clients for additional information, as necessary, to insure accurate completion of tax returns.
- Monitors on-site client volume and advises supervisor when additional tax preparers are required.
- Participates in call campaigns and other marketing activities.Other job duties as assigned.
- High School Degree or equivalent related business experience.
- Course of study in tax preparation and/or accounting preferred.
- Previous experience in tax preparation and filing a plus.
- Good communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer functions is required.
- Must be able to obtain certification by the state with a PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number)
- Top candidates for this position will have retail experience providing exceptional customer service and performing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
California Law Requirements
- All CTEC Registered Tax Preparers (CRTP) must…
- First complete 60-hours (45 hours federal and 15 hours state) of qualifying tax education from a CTEC Approved Provider
- Obtain a PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number) from the IRS
- Provide proof of a $5,000 tax preparer bond
- Register with CTEC within 18 months from the completion date on the certificate of completion
- Registration Fee with CTEC
Licensed Tax Preparers requirements
- To renew your registration all CRTPs must…
- Complete 20-hours (10 hours federal tax law, 3 hours federal tax update, 2 hours of Ethics and 5 hours for State) of continuing tax education each year.
- Maintain a valid PTIN (Preparer Tax Identification Number) from the IRS
- Maintain a $5,000 tax preparer bond
- Renew the registration by October 31st of each year
- Renewal Registration with CTEC
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $1,920.00 per month
- Accounting: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Fresno, CA 93726 (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- IRS PTIN (Required)
- CTEC (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Required)